Did I, lover of all things sunny really say that? I did!
We've had a bit of rain the last few days, but it's been "helpful" rain. I can see beautiful weather on the horizon and couldn't be happier. Here are a few reasons why I haven't minded this week's precipitation:
1. Yesterday, my friend introduced me to a brand-new craft store that had just opened up. It is super-close AND it carries fabric. The outing was a perfect respite from the dreary weather. Score!
2. Aforementioned friend bought me a Carmel Macchiato :)
3. Aforementioned store carries Carmellos.
4. I was able to watch the cold rain fall and cut out fabric for new summer bags.
5. I've been able to play that silly Draw-Something game off and on with two of my kids, the man and a crazy-good drawing girlfriend. Yeah, you know who you are.
6. I can look up at the new mountain top snow and know that a few of my friends are loving the last-chance skiing.
7. I can look out my own window and see my own lawn greening up beautifully.
8. I dropped off my son at school yesterday, then watched as he ran to hold his half-working umbrella over a very cute girl's pigtails. I could tell that half of his jacket was getting wet, yet knew he didn't mind one bit.
9. I can wear flip-flops AND a cardigan at the same time.
10. I grabbed the paper off of my porch this morning and smelled something wonderful. No, not bacon from the neighbor's. Sweet smells. It wasn't until after work (when the sun was finally peeking through the clouds) that I noticed them. The wonderful scents were from these:
Thank you, rain.
I hope you can find some "beautiful" this weekend, friends.