I was blessed to be given two blog awards this week! Some things are "right on time" and that's how I feel about all of the blog love lately.
Recently, I've been having a lull in my blogging. I'm sorry about that.
Have you ever had times where you're frustrated or disappointed...where you're a bit lost and not sure how to handle the life you have right now? Come on. I CAN'T be the only one... I find it hardest at these times, to be witty or crafty or sane. If I type what I'm really thinking, I fear I may scare some of my readers off or get arrested or something...
I told my husband last weekend that I was thinking of quitting the blog. I always wanted to make it to 25, 000 hits. It was huge number at one time to me. Then this weekend, there it was. 25, 003. Fantastic. Now what?
When the man asked why I wanted to give up something I'd worked so hard to build, all I could answer was, "I don't know if I have anything else of substance to say".
Words matter. I know that. Because I say it all the time. I just have to figure out what to do with MY words.
While I was in the midst of all this contemplating, these awards came along.
Oh, how they make me smile. I'm so proud of them and adore the people who passed them on to me. I love that readers have stopped by to check out what's going on in my world. I've gotten the chance to meet many new blogging friends, too; people I never would have met in "real" life. NOT meeting them would have been a shame, because many of us have so much in common. I'm more than grateful for those blog-ships and all the smiles that have accompanied them.
So Claire and Ashley? Thanks for giving me another day of something else to say. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for that.
Thanks first to Claire, from Another New Day for passing on the Laine Blogger award.
It's kind of a beauty-blogger award. I know. I'm not that much into the whole "beauty products" stuff. Not because I don't want to be. It is just that I'm a stay at home mom who sometimes doesn't wash off her make-up at night and wears her clothes to bed out of exhaustion. Before that, I was a teacher who played with pudding paints and strung Fruit Loop on yarn necklaces. It was hard to feel beautiful dressed in an ABC jumper and clogs....
None of that matters though, because I'm learning from these beautiful bloggers every day. Who knows, I may make it to the grocery someday with more than a ponytail and chapstick. I'm halfway kidding...
I've chosen to pass this award to the following five blogs. They are all written by some talented girls. Stop by if you get the chance, tell them I sent you and give them some sugar.
1. Across the Pond
2. Houndstooth & Heels
3. Sew much to do, Sew little time
4. A Little Dash of Diva
5. Barbara and 1923
To pass the award on, you:
1. Tag the blogger who awarded you
2. Answer the 5 questions
3. Award it to 5 more bloggers
And my answers to the questions are:
1.What is your current beauty obsession?Other than getting a brush through my hair? I'm loving the bright, creamy colors of nail polish out now. I've fallen for a Revlon periwinkle color. I only polish my toes, but it's been fun for summer flip-flop weather.
2. What is the one beauty item you wished you owned?I was thinking that I wanted a big old bottle of WEN shampoo. The infomercials make it look like a hair miracle. But then, I read a hilarious review from a fellow blogger that changed my mind a bit. It is by the way, a must read.
I guess as a back up, I'd love any product that could make my freckles-turned large age-spots disappear.
3. What is your favourite post to read or write about?I love reading/writing about sewing reviews, sweets and being an over-anxious mom, but even more, I love anything that makes me or my readers laugh.
4. What inspired you to become a blogger?Validation. It's a way to prove I'm still walking upright.
5. What nail polish are you wearing now?Nothing on my fingers. On my toes? Avon's Ruby Red Slippers. So fun.
Thanks again, Claire @Another New Day!! Claire is also a teacher-turned-SAHM. She's from "across the pond". How cool is that?
My second award was given to me by Ashley over at Sorry Kid, Your Mom Doesn't Play Well With Others (I know, best blog name ever..) Thank you, Thank you for passing on the award! (wiping away yet another tear..) If you're not a perfect mom and you want to laugh until embarrassing things happen, stop over there now.
Here are the Rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the person who presented it to you.
3. List seven random facts about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Pass the award onto seven other bloggers.
6. Inform each blogger they have won by posting a comment on their blog
Seven Random Facts about Myself:
1. I can decorate, sew and craft the bologna out of a house, but I will kill anything outside of one. I loathe gardening.
2. I've ALWAYS wanted to be a mom and a teacher. Always.. But,
I NEVER wanted to be married. Yeah, I didn't really think that one through, but thank goodness that all ended well..
3. I'm ambidextrous. I eat and write left handed, but do everything else with my right hand. (I wouldn't be caught dead in school using those Lefty scissors). Sure, I get ink/chalk/pencil lead on my hands from scraping them along my writing, but I can put away groceries and empty a dishwasher like a super hero.
4. I kill the environment by drinking water from water bottles. It's wrong. I know it, and I can't stop. Lukewarm water in a bottle is the best.
5. I'm a very good tipper and I always stack all of the dishes on the table to make it easier for the busboys/girls. Waiting tables seems hard, man.
6. There is nothing more important to me than the people that live in my house.
7. I love football season. The man and I waste a ridiculous amount of time watching college football on Saturdays. Then, the NFL on Sundays in the afternoon AND night.... Eventually Mondays...and Thursdays, too. We have the paper marked up every week with our picks. We're Mitten People first. Michigan Wolverines, Detroit Lions, and then every body else....ahem, Dallas Cowboys last. :P
There you go.
There you go.
My 7 choices are people I constantly read or stalk. No, those two are not the same thing. Please go give them a look. You may be hooked as well :)
1. Go Momma
2. Tropical Mum3. Frou Frou bynickie
Happy thoughtful Tuesday, friends.